Friday, June 12, 2009

29 Days to Go...

Yep, it's been quite a while since our last post...to be honest, Dave and I feel like we're kind of in this "waiting" mode, and as such, we just haven't been doing too much of anything worth writing about.

Two things we did do over this past month:
  • Finished our child birth / baby care class at UNMC (during which I found out, to my surprise, that my husband has never changed a baby's diaper before...I guess I had assumed since he has two nieces and two nephews that he had changed at least one diaper...boy, is he in for some surprises once Mojo gets here...)
  • Completed new member orientation at Kountze Memorial Lutheran Church in Omaha

We had been "church shopping" for some time, and after attending several services at Kountze, we decided we felt at home there and enrolled in the new member orientation program. Here's a picture of our beautiful church:

I am Catholic, and Dave is Lutheran. We had been attending services at various churches around Omaha since we got married, but we really wanted to find one where we both felt "at home". Kountze fit the bill, so although I will always remain Catholic, this is where we've decided to attend church as a family. Mojo will be baptized here later this year.

I don't feel like my belly has gotten much bigger since the last picture was taken at 31 weeks, but now that I see it, I guess maybe it has:

36 weeks

I promise I do own maternity shirts other than the above green one I've sported in countless other belly pictures - I just happen to wear this one the most frequently. :)

And a shot of my feet at 36 weeks:


There's definitely some swelling going on - and I've got the sandal indentation lines to prove it. Here's to hoping the next four weeks go by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment