Monday, June 15, 2009

Gil's Gang and the Search for My Ankles

I can't seem to find my ankles. Has anyone seen them? They were last seen on Saturday morning sometime...perhaps Nina took them while I was sleeping - that little cat is so mischevious!

Seriously, though - my feet look like big fat sausages. They are so bad I won't even post a picture of them here. Suffice it to say that it hurts to walk down stairs because that causes my cankles to bend over onto themselves.

In happier news, Dave and I participated in the Relay for Life this past Saturday evening at Millard West High School. It was so much fun! My Uncle George put together a family team in memory of my Grandpa Gil that passed away from cancer last June. Here's a picture of our team, Gil's Gang:



The Relay technically went from 5:00 PM on Saturday until 6:00 AM on Sunday morning, but we only stayed until about 9:00 PM. Maybe next year we'll do it right and pitch tents to stay for the long haul!


We all wore duct tape hats because Grandpa Gil was famous for his ability to "fix" anything with duct tape. George and I got purple shirts instead of the white because we are both cancer survivors - woot, woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment